Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sibling Love

      Jack did something a couple of days ago that blew us away. He's usually a nice, protective brother, but he doesn't usually go out of the way to show Lily love (which is understanding because the kid is three after all). The following is a dialogue between he and I this morning:

Jack: "Mommy, Lily needs a night light."
Me: "It's ok Jack, I don't think she minds the dark too much, yet."
Jack: "Mommy, I need to go to the store to get Lily a Princess night light."
Me: "Ok...do you wanna do some chores for me today? Maybe you can earn some money to get her one for Christmas."
Jack: "Yeah!!!"
Me: "Alright...(we'll see how long this lasts) :)

     So we started in the kitchen, I taught Jack how to scrub the chairs and bar stools and he cleaned all of them. So I gave him fifty cents, and explained that he would need two more quarters to get Lily's nightlight.

Me: "Good job, Jack. Tomorrow you can do some more chores and earn two more quarters."
Jack: "No mommy, I need to do some more chores so I can get Lily a nightlight right now!"
Me: "Oh, ok..."

     Jack then proceeded to dust the piano, the entertainment center, the coffee table, take out the recycling, and vacuum his room. The kid just keep going! John and I were so impressed by his genuine concern for Lily. So we took him to the dollar store where I knew I had seen some Princess night lights.

Ready to go to the store!




Checking out all by himself...


It's Tinkerbell (better than princesses in my opinion).
The boy's got good taste. :)

Lily LOVED it. 
She gave Jack lots of hugs and kisses.

7 comments: