Monday, November 16, 2009

Friday the 13th and Turning 60!

We had another awesome cake weekend with Friday the 13th and John's mom turning 60!
For Friday the 13th, we made a grave site with a headstone (dedicated to Michael Jackson) with our buds Jenny and Derek Williams. And to top off the night we spooked ourselves out by watching some freaky episodes of Lost (the boys don't seem to think it's scary, but Jenny and I disagree).




Then on Saturday morning, Vanessa and I challenged ourselves by attempting to make a cake that looked like a book since John's mom loves to read. We wrote out a quote from The Blue Sword, one of her favorite books. I think it turned out alright, but the best part was the fun we had...and trying not to cuss when we messed up on the writing...

3 comments:

  1. Some of us succeeded, some did not... hehehe (the cussing, I mean) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cakes are really awesome! I think that is a really fun thing that you guys do together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book. I do have to say that one is pretty awesome in detail and very original! Love it!

    ReplyDelete